Artists! We’ve asked Adam Rush, Digital Marketing Officer and Social Media King at Theatre Royal Plymouth to give us his Top Tips for using Social Media to promote you’re show.
- Be super honest (even if it is about something that has gone a little wrong)
- Converse – don’t just push, push, push. Get involved in the conversation. Use http://search.twitter.comto get in on local conversation.
- Ride the existing hashtags, don’t create your own.
- Use http://sproutsocial.com/insights/social-media-image-sizes-guide/to scale your images to the right size for the social media. And use images as often as you can.
- Give exclusive insight you can’t get anywhere else – backstage shots, interviews, update on progress etc. People love this and it adds real value to your offering and builds an emotional connection with your piece long before it starts
- Be authentic, always. Do not, whatever you do, ask friends to like and comment on your posts to make your posts look more popular than they are.